Welcome to my gallery

Art, as far as it is able, follows nature, as a pupil imitates his master; thus your art must be, as it were, God's grandchild. ~ Dante


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The latest...

Although I have not been blogging, I have been painting! I have to confess that my technical incompetence stopped me in my tracks with this thing. I wanted to do some stuff with the layout and posts that apparently can't be done, or at least that were beyond me to figure out. I think I need a "Blogger for Dummies" course! So before I got really steamed I just had to walk away, and found solace in my studio, away from the computer! 

Lately with my art, I have been exploring a different approach: Instead of spending weeks on one large piece, I have been painting miniatures, some as small as 3.5 x 2.5", that can be completed in one or two sessions. This is a good exercise for me artistically as it forces me to focus on the basics of composition and design and restricts me from overly obsessing over details. From a practical standpoint, this will help me build up an inventory of available originals, which had been a problem with the "paint one, sell one" pattern I had gotten into.

The coastal areas, inlets and harbors of the Mid-Atlantic are my current subject matter. 





No comments:

Post a Comment